Triple filter(email from Tok asid)

..This from my friend Tokasid Melaka....
very interesting articles
and i would like
to share it with all the readers and bloggers.....


During the golden Abbasid period,
one of the scholars in Baghdad,
the
capital of Muslim caliphate at that time,
was reputed to hold knowledge
in high esteem.
One day an acquaintance met the great scholar
and said,
"Do you know what I just heard about your friend?"
 
  
 
  "Hold on a minute," the scholar replied.
"Before telling me anything
I'd
like you to pass a little test.
It's called the
..... Triple Filter Test."
 
  
 
  "Triple filter?"
 
  
 
  "That's right," the scholar continued.
"Before you talk to me about
my
friend it might be a good idea to take a moment
and filter what you're
going to say. That's why I call it the triple filter test..
The first filter is Truth.
Have you made absolutely
sure that what you are about
to
tell me is true?"
 
  
 
  "No," the man said,
..... "actually I just heard about it and..."
 
  
 
  "All right," said the scholar.
"So you don't really know if it's true
or not. Now let's try the second filter,
the filter of Goodness.

Is what
you
are about to tell me about my friend something good?"
"No, on the
contrary..."
 
  
 
  "So," the scholar continued,
"you want to tell me something bad about
him, but you're not certain it's true.
You may still pass the test
though, because there's one filter left:
the filter of Usefulness. Is
what you want to tell me about my friend
going to be useful to me?"
 
  
 
  "No, not really."
 
  
 
  "Well," concluded the scholar,
"if what you want to tell me is
neither
true nor good nor even useful,
why tell it to me at all?"
 
  
 
  
 
  "O you who believe! Avoid most of suspicion,
for surely suspicion in
some cases is a sin,
and do not spy nor let some of you backbite
others.
Does one of you like to eat the flesh of his dead brother?
But you
abhor
it; and be careful of (your duty to) Allah,
surely Allah is
Oft-returning
(to mercy), Merciful."
[Surah al-Hujurat 49:12]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

...PILIHANRAYA...KWS MELAYU.....

Gambir Sarawak

belajar bahasa melayu sarawak....