Friday, October 28, 2011
Following is a letter to his son from a renowned Hong Kong TV broadcaster / Child Psychologist.
The words are actually applicable to all of us, young or old, children or parents.! This applies to daughters too.
All parents can use this in their teachings to their children.
Dear Son ,
I am writing this to you because of 3 reasons :
1. Life, fortune and mishaps are unpredictable; nobody knows how long he lives. Some words are better said early.
2. I am your father, and if I don't tell you these, no one else will.
3. What is written is my own personal bitter experiences that perhaps could save you a lot of unnecessary heartaches.
Remember the following as you go through life
1. Do not bear grudge towards those who are not good to you. No one has the responsibility of treating you well, except your mother and I.
To those who are good to you, you have to treasure it and be thankful, and ALSO you have to be cautious, because,everyone has a motive for every move.
When a person is good to you, it does not mean he really likes you. You have to be careful, don't hastily regard him as a real friend.
2. No one is indispensable, nothing in the world that you must possess.
Once you understand this idea, it would be easier for you to go through life when people around you don't want you anymore,
or when you lose what / who you love most.
3. Life is short. When you waste your life today, tomorrow you would find that life is leaving you. The earlier you treasure your life, the better you enjoy life.
4. Love is but a transient feeling, and this feeling would fade with time and with one's mood. If your so called loved one leaves you, be patient, time will wash away your aches and sadness.
Don't over exaggerate the beauty and sweetness of love, and don't over exaggerate the sadness of falling out of love.
5. A lot of successful people did not receive a good education, that does not mean that you can be successful by not studying hard! Whatever knowledge you gain is your weapon in life. One can go from rags to riches, but one has to start from some rags!
6. I do not expect you to financially support me when I am old, neither would I financially support your whole life. My responsibility as a supporter ends when you are grown up with the education that you received. After that, you decide whether you want to travel in a public transport or in your limousine, whether rich or poor.
7. You honor your words, but don't expect others to be so. You can be good to people, but don't expect people to be good to you. If you don't understand this, you would end up with unnecessary troubles.
8. I have bought lotteries for umpteen years, but I never strike any prize. That shows if you want to be rich, you have to work hard! There is no free lunch!
9. No matter how much time I have with you, let's treasure the time we have together. We do not know if we would meet again in the next life.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
More Take Care | Forward this Graphic
Pernah tak merasa TERPEGUN, ADMIRE, TERTARIK, TERPESONA AND IMPRESS dengan seseorang...Semua org pernah kan…Kita sendiri pun dapat meng”impress” org lain,atau org ramai…
Bagaimana cara nya…kita ambil cara yg paling simple…..
If you truly want to impress others, seek to impress them with who they are, rather than with who you are.
Work to genuinely bring out the best in others, and they’ll certainly see the best in you.
The strongest leaders do not command, they empower.
The most effective teachers do not impose their knowledge, they infect students with a passion for learning.
The most successful salespeople do not trick their customers into buying, they seek to understand and fulfill the true needs of those customers.
The most successful businesses do not steal value, they create and distribute it in exchange for other value.
Bayangkan org yg anda kagumi….Think of the people who impress you the most, and you’ll see that they’re the ones who are able to touch something real and genuine within you.
You’re not really impressed with who they are, but rather with what they mean to you.
Think of someone you know whom you genuinely respect and admire, and that person will be someone who brings out your best.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Give a little kindness
A negative attitude can be contagious. Fortunately, so can a positive attitude.
When someone is rude to you,Bila seseorang bertindak memarahi anda,Bila pelanggan kita bersikap kasar….Bertenanglah…tarik nafas panjang dan mula lah respond… the most powerful response is not to reply with your own rudeness. After all, what would that accomplish? Kalau kita bertindak “rude”:,kasar dan kurang ajar, maka apa hasil nya..samalah kita seperti nya…
Your best choice in such a situation is to respond with courtesy, kindness, consideration and understanding.Tanam dalam fikiran kita bahawa kemungkinan dia ada masalah di tempat kerjanya,mungkin dia bergaduh dgn suami atau isteri dia dan sebagainya…. Though it may seem strange and unnatural at first, it can have a profoundly positive impact on the situation.
Most people, when given the chance, will be glad for you to rescue them from their own negative momentum.Perasan tak kalau kita tak respon dgn sikap negative nya,dia akan slowdown dan berubah,sedar mistakenya.
When you come across someone who is clearly in a bad mood, you have the opportunity to be the best part of that person’s day.Cubalah..kita mungkin dapat menceriakan harinya…
Seize that opportunity and make the most of it. When you give a little kindness, it can make a big, big difference.
Friday, October 07, 2011
Your attitude is not something you’re stuck with forever. You can change it whenever you wish.
Kita boleh megubah attitude kita ,memperbaiki attitude kita…dari tak berapa baik menjadi lebih baik,dari baik menjadi lebih baik.
Your attitude does not define you. It does, however, represent you to the rest of the world.Masyarakat umum akan menilai kita dgn melihat attitude kita terhadap sesuatu perkara(event), tingkahlaku kita terhadap seseorang dan sebagainya…
Your attitude does not determine who you are.
It does, however, determine what you can accomplish.Attitude kita juga menentukan tahap kejayaan kita,tahap kesihatan kita,tahap kebahagian rumahtangga kita,tahap hubungan kita dgn rakan sekerja dsb.
Your attitude is not the inevitable result of events that happen to you or circumstances that surround you. It is, instead, based on the way you choose to respond to the events and circumstances in your life.Attitude adalah bagaimana kita RESPON kpd perkara yg berlaku kpd kita,dan persekitaran kita….
You can choose an attitude that will open your eyes to the valuable possibilities. You can choose an attitude that will attract success and accomplishment to you like a magnet.
No matter what has happened in the past or where you are now, you are free to choose whatever attitude you wish. So choose, in every moment, a positive, empowering attitude.
For that will always serve you best.
Tuesday, October 04, 2011
Many Blessings…(banyak hikmahnya)
It’s easy to be thankful for the good things in your life. But have you also thought to be thankful for the setbacks? Consider what a positive difference that can make.
Your gratitude will challenge you to see even the disappointments in a more positive, empowering light.
When there’s something you don’t know, be thankful. You have just discovered an opportunity to learn.
When difficulties come your way, be thankful.
They put you in a position to grow and to become stronger.
If you run up against your limitations, be thankful. You’ve just found a place to make improvements.
When you become tired and weary, be thankful. You know you’ve made a difference.
If you make a mistake, be thankful. Now you’ll remember clearly what not to do.
Some of your blessings are immediately obvious.
Many, however, are valuable because of the degree to which they compel you to learn, to grow, to persist and to endure.
Life is filled with many blessings. Be thankful for them all, even the ones which challenge you the most.